I’m about to exit the second trimester, also known as the honeymoon trimester to most. In the second trimester you get your energy back, morning sickness subsides and you start to feel the baby move. All of which happened for me, with the exception of a few puke incidents (if I’m being honest!). I rounded up some of my second trimester must haves for you today. I could’ve also included tacos, cold showers, a sprinkler and lawn chair because it’s HOT! But you get the point. Being pregnant in the summer is no joke. Add the fact that my belly is measuring 37 weeks (thank you polyhydramnios) and I’m a hot mess. These things help keep me sane and a little more comfortable!
- Belly Bandit 2-in-1 Bandit. A good support belt is a must! This one is very reasonably priced and is the most comfortable one I’ve found. Plus, it can be worn postpartum to help guide the hips back to place.
- TUMS Smoothies. If you don’t get pregnancy heartburn we can’t be friends. I get heartburn from drinking water these days! TUMS Smoothies in berry are my favorite because they don’t taste chalky. I pop them like candy every evening.
- Snoogle Total Body Pillow. Despite it’s ridiculous name, the Snoogle is amazing! It helps align your hips and makes sleeping a lot more comfortable. Plus, it’s like a fortress to keep my husband out! HAHA. I kid.
- Comfy Dresses. I throw this exact PinkBlush Maternity dress on almost every afternoon. It’s light and comfortable. You know I love my stretchy maternity jeans but when it’s hot I want to throat punch whoever invented them.
- Ice cream. Because cravings! I never liked chocolate ice cream until this pregnancy. I was always a vanilla girl. Now I eat a scoop of chocolate a couple nights a week.
- Iced Tea. Pregnant women are supposed to drink a lot of water but when I just can’t drink anymore water I’ll have a glass or two of iced tea. I brew a big batch of plain Lipton black iced tea on Sundays and it lasts all week. Plus, the caffeine keeps me from being a monster!
- Bathing Beauty Box. Mama deserves a little pampering too. The Bathing Beauty Box includes 3-4 bath items plus a few novelty items. My July box included a cute sunglasses pouch, bath bombs, a sugar scrub and a ton more! Every time I get one I feel spoiled.
What are your second trimester must haves?
Here’s a closer look at the July Bathing Beauty Box:
What was included:
Margarita Salt Soak
Pina Colada Salt Soak
Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub
Margarita Bath Fizz
Tropical Fruit Popsicle Bath Bomb
Rum and Coke Lip Butter
Canvas Sunglass Pouch
Blue Raspberry Rock Candy
Coconut Face Mask
Summer Fun Temporary Tattoos
Make sure you use the code GRANDOPENING at checkout to get a discount!