We’ve been using our DockATot Grand for a few months now. It seems like we’re always coming up with places to take it or ways to use it! This is one of those products that I wish I had known about when my daughter was first born. The DockATot comes in two sizes, the Deluxe and Grand. The Deluxe is for babies 0-8 months and the grand 9-36 months. On top of being a great place for babies to sleep the Deluxe can be used for tummy time, diaper changes and more. We’ve found so many great uses for our Stage 2 DockATot Grand. Below are the top 5 ways we use it.
1. Co-Sleeping – This is the most obvious use. That is what it is designed for! We don’t co-sleep on a daily basis but every so often when she is sick or over-tired she wants to sleep with us. This is when I put the DockATot in between us. It helps us all get a better night sleep because it contains our toddler to one spot. Without the DockATot, I’ve got a foot in my neck and my husband a hand in his face! And back and forth all night.
2. Teepee Reading Nook – We love story time. We made it even more fun for our toddler by placing the DockATot in her play teepee and adding a few pillows. We like to pretend it’s a princess castle or the DockATot is a boat. This is her favorite use for it.
3. Sleepovers – I’m not talking about sending your toddler on a sleepover. But our DockATot has come in handy on the few rare nights we decide to spend away from home at friend’s houses. Instead of lugging the heavy Pack N Play around we just take the DockATot and set it up on the floor for her. It’s the perfect bed for on-the-go.
4. Quiet Time Spot – I don’t know about you but this mama needs quiet time! Once or twice a day (depending on our moods) we have quiet time. I set up the DockATot on the floor in our toddler’s room or on our king size bed and give her the iPad for 30 minutes or so. It literally saves my sanity and gives her a soft place to relax and watch her favorite YouTube shows.
5. Camping – We enjoy getting out in nature and for my husband that involves camping in a tent! The DockATot Grand is the perfect bed for taking along with us because it’s compact and provides cushioning from the hard ground. I always bring extra blankets to lay underneath it because hello, it’s pristine white! The best part is that the cover is machine washable though.
What do you think of the DockATot? What are some fun ways you can see using it with your toddler?